Training provides SCA Leaders with tools and resources that are necessary for a successful experience. SCA Training brings leaders together from different program types and regions of the country to kick-start the season. This is the beginning of a learning process that continues at each of the project sites with localized training, continued interactions with team members, agency partners, and SCA staff. Training is fast-paced, intense, and will require everyone to be engaged for the duration; therefore, you should arrive well-rested and eager to learn.
Remember: All hires are conditional upon successful completion of SCA Training
- Expected Training Outcomes
- Preparing for SCA Training
- Required Online Training
- Optional Online Training
- Learn about the mission of the Student Conservation Association
- Become familiar with the tools, technology, and protocols required for your position
- Build confidence in your leadership abilities through practice and learning
- Understand the goals and objectives of your position
- Learn to maintain individual and team safety
- Feel inspired, supported, and connected
SCA Leaders will be sent a Welcome Letter by their hiring managers. The Welcome Letter will provide all the information you’ll need to get ready for training including a packing list, schedule, workshop registration links, etc. If you are scheduled to attend a SCA Leader Training and have not already received this letter please check in with your hiring manager.
SCA hires are required to complete the following online training within 14 days of accepting your position or prior to attending SCA Training, whichever comes first. Save all completion certificates for your own records.
Risk Management Online Training
- Required for leaders only.
- Valid for one year.
- Watch the Risk 101 Video
- Review the Near Miss vs Incident Quiz
- Review the Job Hazard Assessment Form
- Review the Field Guide
- Complete the Risk Management & Field Guide Test
Driver Online Training
- Required for all leaders or members who will be driving SCA vehicles.
- Valid for two years.
- Complete all nine the Driver Training Segments
- Go to http://www.safetyserve.com/thesca
- Click on the New Student button.
- Click on click here for new student registration
- Type in the Access Code: SCAMOD and click Submit.
- You will be presented with a Registration page. Type in your information, including a Login ID and a Password of your choice, and click Submit. (Please note you will receive a confirming email reminding you of the Login ID you created, that you may use for access as a Returning Student.)
- On the My Courses page, click on the course title to begin your training.
- Print & sign the Distracted Driver Policy; e-mail signed policy to [email protected]
Mosaic: Prevent Discrimination & Harassment
- Required for all leaders and members.
- Valid for one year.
- Complete the course & save your completion certificate
- Mosaic “CA” course is specifically for those working California all others should take the standard Mosaic training.
Leaders are encouraged to explore these optional resources prior to attending SCA Leader Training.